Spartan Questionnaire* (#1) Featuring Mr. Anthony Yodice (*where we take a break from AP Style and get right to the good stuff with CSD people)

Evan Mulligan

Known and loved for his live action, one man reenactment of the Lincoln Assassination (performed annually to his US History and APUSH classes), Mr. Yodice made time to sit down for the inaugural “Spartan Questionnaire.”

Emma Davis, Social Media Editor

Mr. Anthony Yodice

Known and loved for his live action, one man reenactment of the Lincoln Assassination (performed annually to his US History and APUSH classes), Mr. Yodice is a huge Panthers and App. State fan, too. Once the administrator of Metrolina Regional Scholars Academy, he is now an amazing teacher known and loved by students at CSD. Mr. Yodice made time to sit down for the inaugural “Spartan Questionnaire.” Here are the answers.

Waffles or pancakes?

Waffles.”

If you had to go through the rest of your life listening to screamo or Christmas music, what would it be?

“Oh that’s really hard…I would have to say Christmas music.”

Who is your favorite celebrity?

“That’s a hard question—oh goodness that’s a really hard question….. Does Steven Spielberg count?”

Favorite movie trilogy?

“The Original Star Wars Trilogy.”

What is your idea of perfection?

“Chicken and waffles.”

Who do you consider the greatest?

“Gandhi.”

What’s your perfect idea of happiness? 

“My wife, daughter and I really like to travel, so it’s when we go somewhere cool.”

What’s your favorite spot in CSD?

“My room of course!”

What’s your favorite journey?

“Being a parent.”

What’s the best life advice you’ve ever received?

“When I was traveling in Japan, I was sick of Japanese food but I was determined to not get McDonalds, so I went to a Turkish restaurant. I was dying of thirst so I chugged the first glass of water and this waiter goes, ‘You drank that fast. You can’t live life that fast.’ I’ll remember that forever.” 

Why did you become a teacher?

“I always liked knowing as much as I could, so I wanted a career where I could learn a lot and share a lot. So when I was 17, I thought the school hours were really cool.”

What’s your motto?

“Try to do better every day.”

If you were to be something other than a teacher what would you be?

“Unhappy.”

What is a possession you treasure most?

“My comic book collection. It’s somewhere around 4,000 – 5,000.” 

What trait do you like most in others?

“Kindness.”

What’s your favorite music?

“Rock, like the White Stripes, Black Keys and Lenny Kravitz.”

If you had to relate to a character who would it be?

The Mandalorian.”