The Student News Site of Community School of Davidson

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

Polls

What’s #1 on your dream extreme bucket list?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Nearly 20 million women in the United States will develop an eating disorder in their lifetime. And quite often, in an impossible quest for the perfect body, even seemingly simple decisions like choosing a bagel (with or without cream cheese) can cause stress and anxiety.
Body image, eating disorders and the imperfect quest for ‘perfect’
Ava Jordan, Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Opinions Editor • April 24, 2024

The more the sun shines and the temperature rises, the closer it gets to beach trips with friends and a volleyball in hand, busy boat days on...

North Carolina just held its primaries: what happened?

Evan Mulligan
North Carolina joined more than a dozen other states, and holding its primary elections on Super Tuesday. The results of many races have set the tone for November’s general election.

North Carolina just had its pair of presidential primaries on March sixth, Super Tuesday, and the current results have helped show the general direction the primary season is going.

While most paid attention to the presidential primaries, the Democratic and Republican gubernatorial primaries were newsworthy, too.

When it comes to the Democratic primary, Biden won with a victory of 87%, but that’s only notable when you consider he was only running against “uncommitted,” which means that a delegate at the Democratic National Convention in Chicago can vote for whatever candidate they wish.

In terms of the NC Democratic gubernatorial primary, Josh Stein managed to win.

When it comes to the NC Republican primary, former President Donald Trump managed to gain 74% of the vote which gave him 62 delegates out of the state’s 73.

More interestingly, Nikki Haley managed to get 23% of the vote and captured 11 delegates.

Mark Robinson, the 33rd lieutenant governor of North Carolina, and a staunch Trump ally, managed to gain the mantle of being the Republican gubernatorial primary.

Mark Robinson has been known as a controversial figure because of alleged anti-semitic comments he has made in the past.

Some of these comments allegedly include several Facebook posts questioning the murder of 6 million Jews during the Holocaust, along with claiming that the ‘Black Panther’ movie was “Created by an agnostic jew and put to film by a satanic Marxist” and that it was “Created to pull the shekels” from the black community. 

Along with these alleged comments, an unearthed video allegedly shows Robinson saying that he wishes the US could go back to a time before women could vote.

While these alleged comments are certainly problematic, they are likely to make an interesting election season.

As the November general election nears, the presidential nominee for each party could not be any more obvious. With another matchup between Trump and Biden expected, the outcome could determine the future of the country for decades to come.