The Student News Site of Community School of Davidson

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

Polls

What’s your favorite genre of music to listen to in the summertime?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
CSD Exclusive (Ep. 3 - Maycast)
CSD Productions, CSD Productions • May 15, 2024

Advice from graduating seniors for rising seniors

With the 2023-2024 school year coming to an end, what better way to wrap it up than with advice from the graduating seniors for the rising seniors (and everyone else, too).
Ava Jordan
Pay attention underclassmen, Ava Jordan (right) and her graduating classmates have advice for your upcoming senior year.

The biggest piece of advice the seniors have to give is to simply have fun.

“It’s your last year, make the most of it,” Emma Davis (‘24) said. “Go out and join clubs, get involved. You only have high school once.”

Getting involved is a huge part of the picture perfect high school experience. Going to football games, playing in powder puff, attending pep rallies, dances etc.

“Make everyday count,” Bella Margyta (‘24) said.

Not only does getting involved make your high school years more fun, it also builds and forms you as a person. When it comes to high school wrapping up, you never want to regret not doing something. Live each day to the fullest.

Another common piece of advice a lot of seniors said was about homework and getting all your work done on time.

“Don’t procrastinate and do your homework on time,” Lily Miller (‘24) said.

“Just do your homework,” Katie Westmoreland (‘24) said.

Not getting your work done on time and falling behind during your senior year does not sound like the best way to end your last year.

Avoiding doing homework? That comes along with a thing seniors like to call ‘senioritis,’ meaning seniors get an itch to be done with high school and lose motivation to do well and/or finish homework just a bit too early.

While it’s hard to avoid it, “Don’t get senioritis,” Billie Hardin (‘24) said.

Recognize friendships and classmates, too. A majority of CSD seniors have been at the school for life (meaning they started in kindergarten at the lower school and progressed through every grade) and even if they haven’t, since CSD is on the smaller side of schools, everyone knows everyone. By the time senior year rolls around, you’ve already gotten pretty comfortable and cozy with your classmates. Or it’s the complete opposite and you have people you don’t like.

Well, when it comes to senior year, Bella Boyer (‘24) said, “Just be nice to everyone.”

You’ve only got one year left together, so might as well make the most out of it and put all the past behind.

“A lot changes senior year, classmates care less about what happened in the past and just want to have a good time with everyone,” Eleanor Nguyen (‘24) said.

Circling back to making the most of your senior year, another big thing is just be yourself.

“Don’t be worried about other people’s opinions, do what you want,” Alyssia Famularo (‘24) said.

With the class of 2024 graduating, CSD is already getting ready for the new seniors to come rolling in this fall. But the biggest question is, are the rising seniors ready?

Maybe or maybe not. Maybe it’s a bit soon to tell.

But take advice from those who’ve been there. That’s what the class of 2024 says.

Now it’s your turn, 2025.

View Comments (1)