The Student News Site of Community School of Davidson

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

Polls

What’s #1 on your dream extreme bucket list?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Nearly 20 million women in the United States will develop an eating disorder in their lifetime. And quite often, in an impossible quest for the perfect body, even seemingly simple decisions like choosing a bagel (with or without cream cheese) can cause stress and anxiety.
Body image, eating disorders and the imperfect quest for ‘perfect’
Ava Jordan, Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Opinions Editor • April 24, 2024

The more the sun shines and the temperature rises, the closer it gets to beach trips with friends and a volleyball in hand, busy boat days on...

The “Rematch”

CSD football looks to avenge their only loss and continue to advance further into the playoffs.
Image courtesy of Mary Andrews
Oliver Morris (‘25) evades a tackle as he makes his way into the end zone to give the Spartans a score against Country Day.

It’s one thing for a football team to travel to a visitor’s field and win once, it’s another thing to do it twice. If the Spartans have anything to say about Forest Hill coming to Spartan Park to win again on Friday night, well, it’s just not going to happen. 

This time the stakes are higher. It’s the third round of the state playoffs, the winner advances and the loser goes home.

On September 8th, Forrest Hill traveled to take on CSD in an early season matchup with both teams having high hopes for a great season. 

Turnovers and incompletions plagued the Spartans. CSD had problems turning the ball over as Connor Ferguson threw two interceptions and finished with only a 51% completion percentage. 

CSD’s rushing attack wasn’t much better. The Spartans had struggles running the ball against this very tough defense only rushing for 95 yards in total. 

Forrest Hill fired on all cylinders on offense as the quarterback Brady Hibbard (‘24) threw for 300 yards and a touchdown with a 67% completion rating. 

However he did have two fumbles, one of which he lost. The rushing attack for Forrest Hill was also very strong as the team combined for a total of 123 yards and two touchdowns. 

And the defense showed out as the star senior Caiden Smith (‘24) had 15 total tackles and three tackles for loss. 

However the Spartan bright spots, which first sparked during the game, ignited into a full blaze as the Spartans then went on an eight Game winning streak, which continues. Receivers Brandon Albert and Tanner Mullins both had big games receiving. Tanner (‘24) finished with 86 yards and Brandon (‘25) finished with  98 yards and a touchdown. 

Can momentum favor the Spartans? The CSD Spartans have had a remarkable season to say the least. Led by quarterback, Connor Ferguson (‘24), star receivers Tanner Mullins (‘24) and Brandon Albert ‘25), plus Lane Mclure (‘24), Brandon Hettwer (‘25) and Oliver Morris (‘25), the Spartans are a stronger team than two months ago.

It’s safe to say that this game is going to be a barn burner but in order to win, CSD is going to need to play lights out football, the rushing attack super focused and the defense locked in. 

If (and when) the Spartans win, they head to the 4th round of the 2A state playoffs.