The Student News Site of Community School of Davidson

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

Polls

What’s #1 on your dream extreme bucket list?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
Nearly 20 million women in the United States will develop an eating disorder in their lifetime. And quite often, in an impossible quest for the perfect body, even seemingly simple decisions like choosing a bagel (with or without cream cheese) can cause stress and anxiety.
Body image, eating disorders and the imperfect quest for ‘perfect’
Ava Jordan, Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Opinions Editor • April 24, 2024

The more the sun shines and the temperature rises, the closer it gets to beach trips with friends and a volleyball in hand, busy boat days on...

Taylor Swift tackles….football?

The Taylor Swift and Jason Kelce relationship is dominating NFL Sundays
Conner Shelton
The Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce relationship is attracting a new breed of bracelet loving, finger nail painted fan to the sport of football.

While there have been many stories coming out of the 2023 NFL season, the one  that everyone is talking about is off the field. It is the new, developing relationship between Travis Kelce (tight end for the Kansas City Chiefs) and pop star singer, Taylor Swift. 

This is a very surprising relationship due to the schedules that both stars have in their respective fields. Both are busy and keep their days full. But you never know what true love has in store.

What started as rumors quickly became relationship facts. During the offseason, Travis Kelce decided to make a move on the young pop star by going to one of her concerts on her Eras Tour. 

According to Style Caster, Travis Kelce made Taylor a friendship bracelet with his number on it and planned to hand it to her before or after the show. However, his plan fell apart as he learned that Swift doesn’t talk with any fans before or after the show because she has to save her voice for all 44 songs that she sings. 

Kelce expressed his disappointment on the New Heights Podcast with his brother Jason Kelce (Eagles center). 

“So, I was a little butt-hurt I didn’t get to hand her one of the bracelets I made for her,” Travis Kelce said.

While this plan did not work, rumors began forming that Swift and Kelce were spending time with each other. It was very low-key as Kelce had been in season and both practices and games demand his time.

Recently Travis appeared on the Pat Mcafee Show and shared an explanation.

He said, “I threw the ball in her court…I told her, you know, ‘I’ve seen you rock the stage in Arrowhead [Stadium], you might have to come see me rock the stage in Arrowhead and see which one’s a little more lit.’” 

Then it became real. September 24th the Chicago Bears traveled to Arrowhead Stadium to play the Chiefs. In attendance was Taylor Swift. She sat alongside Travis’s mom, Donna Kelce, and cheered for the very talented tight end. 

Taylor was then spotted again in New York when the Chiefs traveled to play the Jets on Sunday Night Football. 

The two have been spotted in public recently holding hands and hanging out with each other. In late October, Taylor Swift was seen at the Chiefs and Chargers game wearing a bracelet with Travis Kelce’s name on it, along with his number 87. 

Not only is Taylor Swift in a relationship with Travis Kelce, she is also making new friends every game she attends. Taylor Swift and Brittney Mahomes (wife of Chiefs quarterback,  Patrick Mahomes) have become close friends over the past few weeks, watching games in box seats together. 

During the Chargers vs. Chiefs game the two debuted their new handshake which caught quite the attention on social media. 

Something has to be said however about the impact that Taylor Swift has had on the Chiefs and Travis Kelce. Since Swift has started going to Chiefs games the Chiefs are nearly undefeated and have been playing outstanding football. According to CBS, when Taylor Swift is in the stands Travis Kelce is averaging 99 yards per game, compared to 46.5 yards when she doesn’t show up. 

Jersey sales have been another trend. Since the Kelce and Swift dating rumors began Kelce’s jersey sales increased nearly 400% on Fanatics according to ESPN. Kelce also had a top five selling jersey in the NFL once the dating rumors began. 

The relationship between Travis Kelce has been a very intriguing one to say the least. Many believe that their relationship won’t last for long while some believe that the two are meant for one another. 

One thing is certain though. The NFL has gained a ton of popularity (along with Travis Kelce) all thanks to a pop and country music singer, Taylor Swift