It’s prom season 2023 (and here are some tips)

Emma Davis

It’s prom season 2023 and are you ready? Ethereal is defined as “extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.” It’s said to be a synonym of “Euphoria” which is what the prom committee is targeting.

Emma Davis, Social Media Editor

With prom approaching many upperclassmen are starting to create plans.

Let’s start with the theme. 

Ethereal. 

What does it mean?

Ethereal is defined as “extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.” It’s said to be a synonym of “Euphoria” which is what the prom committee is targeting.

Prom also comes with many challenges like finding dates and how to ask them. 

This is where Promposals come in to play.

A Promposal is a fun way to ask your date to the dance using things like songs, performances and funny signs. Asking six weeks is the normal recommendation but sometimes last minute leads to good results, too.

After finding a date the next best thing to do is find your perfect outfit to show off with confidence.

A simple Google search of your area will do the trick if you are looking for shops and stores to try, rent or buy. By Charlotte, NC, there’s multiple places in towns like Gastonia, Mooresville, Concord and Huntersville. From places like La Camille, Poffie Girls and The Perfect Dress, these are some Spartan main choices.            

Restaurants are a big part of prom night.  Finding a place to hold the amount of people in your group depending on your location plus the type of food you want is crucial in picking a restaurant. Keep in mind picking a restaurant that’s far away from the prom venue can mess up your timing and what time you arrive.

A few possibilities? This writer recommends the Cheesecake Factory if you want to share big platters. The North Harbor Club, Port City and Hello Sailor are great options if you want scenery of the lake. They are great for the mood and pictures, too.  

Then there’s timing. Arriving late can mean no parking which may put feet at risk, especially since the girls will have to walk with heels.

After partying it up at prom, the night life doesn’t stop. There’s plenty of fun activities you can do after prom, from prom high school parties to a Waffle House run to even just a fun sleepover with your friends.

With all these tips and tricks, here’s to a fun time at prom!