“The Lightning Thief” performances come to CSD’s stage

Image Courtesy (CSD Arts Photo)

The Lightning Thief Marks the return of productions to CSD’s Black Box Theater for the ‘22-‘23 school year.

Sinclair Berry, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre and Community School of Davidson form a Unique Collaboration for “The Lightning Thief – Percy Jackson Musical.”

Davidson, NC’s Community School of Davidson and The Mooresville Community Children’s Theatre have collaborated in the production of a LIVE theatre performance of “The Lighting Thief – The Percy Jackson Musical.” Performance dates run October 6-12, 2022 (exact dates and times listed below). Performances will be in the ArtSpace Theatre at Community School of Davidson, 404 Armour Street, Davidson, NC 28036.

The show, written by Joe Tracz and based on the well-known Rick Riordan book series, had a successful run on Broadway before it ended in January 2020. Rob Rokicki wrote the production’s original rock music score/lyrics. 

Percy Jackson, a son of Poseidon, is the main character of the novel. He has recently found powers that he cannot control, monsters are after him, and he is on a quest to locate Zeus’s lightning bolt to stop an epic conflict between the gods.

“The Lighting Theif” is being performed for the first time in the Lake Norman area by CSD/MCCT, under the direction of Melissa Ohlman-Roberge, with Charlene Thomas providing musical direction, Jenna Tyrell providing choreography, and Allison Collins, a certified fight choreographer, providing fight choreography. 

The local performance, which is a part of CSD’s All High School Series, includes high school and gap year students from 11 high schools in the Lake Norman region and neighboring communities. The Company employs both experienced and up-and-coming actors, some of whom you may recognize from local or regional theatre, television, and film productions.

Show Dates & Times:

Thursday, October 6, 2022 – 7:00 PM

Friday, October 7, 2022 – 8:00 PM

Saturday, October 8, 2022 – 8:00 PM

Sunday, October 9, 2022 – 2:00 PM

Thursday, October 13, 2022 – 7:00 PM

Friday, October 14, 2022 – 8:00 PM

Saturday, October 15, 2022 – 2:00 PM & 8:00 PM

Sunday, October 16, 2022 – 2:00 PM

For Tickets Please Visit

Tickets for the public performances are now onsale at https://search.seatyourself.biz/webstore/accounts/mooresvillechildrenstheatre/buy-tix

Tickets are $12 general admission in advance; $15 general admissions ticket at the door (if available); and $5 student ticket at the door (if available). Advance ticket purchase is highly recommended as limited at-the-door ticket sales are anticipated.