The Student News Site of Community School of Davidson

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

CSD Spartan Media

Polls

What’s your favorite genre of music to listen to in the summertime?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...
“Senior Sendoff” 2024
CSD Productions, CSD Productions • May 30, 2024

Spartans compete through the spring

A new field opens as seniors bid farewell – spring sports roundup
Callie Hobbs
Baseball’s Senior Night marked an ending as well as a beginning. While the seniors move on from high school baseball, the new field will host many games in future seasons.

During the 2024 spring sports season, athletes in baseball, men’s tennis, men’s/women’s lacrosse, track and field, men’s golf and women’s soccer all showed dedication, put in hours of training and saw the fruits of their labor both on and off the field.

Varsity Baseball

CSD’s men’s varsity baseball team finished their 2024 season with an overall record of 12-9 (57% win percentage) and a conference record of 11-3. They were ranked second in the conference. The new baseball field at Spartan Park was ready in time for the team’s senior night game and celebration of the 10 seniors who played their last home game on April 29th.

Varsity Men’s Tennis

CSD’s men’s tennis team wrapped up their season after having played a total of 146 matches. Winning 74 and losing 71 matches resulted in the Spartans having just above a 50% win percentage. For a snapshot of the season, they had an overall record of 10-8 and a conference record of 8-4. Tennis players Jack Shields (‘24) and Cameron Knost (‘26) both competed in the 2A State Championship.

Varsity Women’s Lacrosse

CSD’s varsity women’s lacrosse team finished their season with a regular season record of 10-6 (63% win percentage) and a conference record of 4-2.  They finished ranked third in the conference and advanced to the Regionals before falling to overall #1 seed, Bishop McGuinness.

Players enjoyed the season.

“It was definitely the process of getting to learn a new sport and growing,” said WLAX player Isabel Sands (‘27) when asked what she enjoyed most this season. “And getting to know everyone, that was really great.”

Varsity Men’s Lacrosse

The varsity men’s lacrosse team also finished its season with a regular season record of 19-3 (86% win percentage) and a conference record of 6-0. They finished ranked first in the conference and advanced deep into the stateplayoffs.

“What I love the most about lacrosse is how fast the sport is played,” said LAX player Gavin Tinnell (‘24). “I’ve always loved the sport and can’t see myself playing anything else, and I also can’t see myself finding as much of a family as I did on a lacrosse team. I’m extremely happy that I can leave #8 behind with a legacy.”

The 2024 season was the first time both the men’s and women’s lacrosse teams made it to round four of the states.

Varsity Outdoor Track and Field

CSD’s outdoor track and field team had a successful 2024 season with many qualifications for the state meet which was on Friday, May 17th.

Qualifications included Marin Sullivan (‘24)  in the 800 and 1600, Taylor Worley (‘25) in the 800, Jasmine Miller (‘24) and Ella Tolleson (‘27) in the high jump, and CSD’s 4×8 relay team which consisted of Taylor Worley, Marin Sullivan, Lily Miller (‘24) and Anna Teckenbrock (‘24).  No male team members qualified for states.

Varsity Men’s Golf

CSD’s men’s varsity golf team wrapped up their 2024 season in 5th place for the conference but did not qualify for regionals or states.

Varsity Women’s Soccer

CSD’s varsity women’s soccer team finished their season with a 8-10-2 record and this lands them with a 45% win percentage. Their conference record is 6-6 and they finished ranked fourth.

As both the 2024 spring sports season and the 2023-2024 school year comes to a close, CSD’s spring sports teams and the 164 student-athletes who participated on them leave the field for the last time. They worked hard and did a great job representing Spartans and the school.